During target archery or the Olympics, you often notice that the competitor uses recurve bow. Have you ever wondered why they prefer a recurve bow to a long or compound bow?
The answer is quite simple: the recurve bow combines accuracy, power, and a lightweight design. They store and deliver more energy as compared to on-recurve bows. The curved limbs make them shorter, lighter, and easy to manoeuvre. Furthermore, the limbs act as a blue chip to the arrows, making them shoot faster than others. They have no mechanism of wheel and pulley, which is also a plus point for archers.
In this article, we learn about different best recurve bows depending upon different types of games and preferences. We focus on their features in detail that make it easier for you to decide which is best.
Let’s dive in
Bear Archery Grizzly Recurve Bow
Standing at 58″ tall, and thinking of target shooting or hunting your favourite whitetail deer, looks impossible. But Bear Archery Grizzly is designed to make this happen due to its unique custom-made design.
It is a single-piece bow, which means you cannot change its draw weight that is 30-60 lbs in 5 lb increments. That means you can hunt mid-sized or big games without causing any arm or backache.
The limbs are coated with Hard maple and combined with the riser to provide accuracy and speed. There are two accessory holes for holding an arrow for adding a side-mount quiver.
- Bear Archery Grizzly is a single-piece reliable, and durable recurve bow.
- Custom-made risers are durable and lightweight because of the hard maple.
- Fibreglass and Maple’s laminated limbs provide tension and strength.
- Less friction due to the bear hair resting on the riser arrow shelf.
- It comes with a wide range of draw weights between 30-60 lbs.
- 28″ draw length, but you can adjust it.
- AMO length is 58″.
- No loud noise due to the bear hair arrow rest.
- Ergonomically designed grip.
- The Non-stretchable Dacron bowstring provides tension and power.
- 170 fps to hunt through thick brush.
- Great finishing option; Brown Maple or Shedua.
- Its compact design makes it usable for beginners and advanced-level hunters.
- Right and left-handed orientation.
Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
As a recreational archer, you are familiar with the Samick Sage, as it can easily bump the power up. It is a top quality and takedown recurve bow, so you don’t need any Allen wrench to adjust draw weight and length.
With easy assembly, you can adjust the draw weight from 25 lbs to 60 lbs, but it is 40 lbs for bow hunting. Its versatility and durability make it an excellent choice for beginners and advanced-level archers.
The grip is an ergonomic design that is moisture resistant and remains warm, so better in the cold season as it is a budget-friendly option, so anyone looking to get into archery can take advantage of it.
- Samick Sage is a takedown bow that works with storage and transportation.
- Durable and lightweight maple and Olive Dymondwood coated riser with cut past centre shelf.
- Fibreglass and hard maple laminated limbs are changeable.
- The riser connects to limbs with screw bolts.
- You can select a draw weight between 25 lbs to 60 lbs.
- Samick’s draw length is 28″.
- Brace height is 7 ¼” to 8 ¼”.
- The average weight is 3.25 pounds.
- The grip is ergonomically designed and stays warm
- 147 fps is perfect for mid-level games.
- 14-thread Dacron String that is moisture free.
- Additional accessories like the pre-installed brass bushing, sights, quiver and stabiliser.
- Right and left-hand orientation.
Southwest Archery Spyder and Spyder XL
Have you heard about “Man of all Seasons”? Well! With slight limb adjustment, Southwest Spyder and Spyder XL convert your bow from bow hunting to bow fishing. Its smooth drive and precise shooting make archery fun.
Arguably the best part of the bow is FastLight Bowstring. It provides tension and power to shoot at a fast speed. It is a toolless bow to adjust the draw weight and length without an Allen key.
Southwest Spyder and Spyder XL are best if you want a high-quality recurve bow within your budget. Additional accessories include a bow stringer, sight and stabiliser.
- Southwest Spyder is a Takedown bow with a smooth draw and precise shooting.
- FastFlight bowstring due to reinforced limb tips.
- Maple laminate risers make it durable.
- The riser has holes to attach arrow rests and bow fishing reels.
- Rigid maple limbs covered with black fibreglass.
- Large draw weight adjustment option between 20 to 60 lbs with 5 lbs increments.
- Non-adjustable 29″ draw length for Spyder and 32″ for Spyder XL.
- AMO is 62″ for Spyder and 64″ for Spyder XL.
- Comfortable and moisture-free grip.
- Dacron’s bow string keeps it tense.
- Additional accessories like bow stinger, sight and stabiliser.
- Left and right-hand orientation.
PSE Archery Razorback Traditional Takedown Recurve
If you are worried about the loud noise of the bow, replace your present bow with a PSE archery Razorback. It dampens the noise and minimises the shock by absorbing vibration while delivering high energy.
It is a toolless bow with an easy-to-assemble option. PSE Razorback can withstand wear and tear due to its wood laminated riser. Walnut, nurma white and beech wood are used most commonly.
Wide range of draw length 12″-30″ with more accuracy for 30 yards. It provides optimal performance due to sight bushing. They are used for recreational hunting, target hunting, and 3d archery.
- PSE archery Razorback is a takedown bow that delivers high energy and smooth draw.
- Walnut, nurma white, and beech wood laminate the riser.
- Maple laminated limbs with white fibreglass covering.
- The limited draw weight of 20-35 lbs makes it suitable for lean people.
- The average weight is 2.5 lbs.
- Wide range of draw length 12″-30″.
- The AMO length is 62″.
- The brace’s height is 7.5-8″, perfect for teenagers.
- The stated speed is 308 fps making it the fastest hunting bow.
- Built-in stabiliser to dampen the sound.
- Wide-shaped grip.
- The best option for Beginners.
- Left and Right hand oriented.
SAS Gravity One-Piece Hunting Recurve Bow
Want to upgrade down the road? SAS Gravity 60″ one-piece design according to your needs and preferences. Limbs are laminated with double maple and black fibreglass, while limb tips are reinforced to provide power.
Hunting through thick brushes or forest is not easy, but this customised with deflex limbs provides speed and accuracy. They are best for hunting in tight and small areas.
You can find an arm guard, finger tab, bow sleeve and quiver inside the package. SAS Gravity provides a solid platform for archers and youth, especially women.
- SAS Gravity is a customised one-piece bow with smooth power for traditional archers and bowhunters.
- Hard maple-coated riser.
- Deflex limbs provide high speed and accuracy.
- Limbs are laminated with Double Maple with black fibreglass.
- Reinforced limb tips are designed to provide power.
- The average weight is only 1.6 lbs which makes it easy to carry.
- Draw weight 25-55 lbs can adjust easily without a bow press.
- It covers a range of archers due to its 60″ length.
- Wide range of draw length adjustments that is between 22.5″ and -30″.
- Recommended brace height is 7″-8″.
- Quite a shot, making it suitable for hunting.
- Best for new archers and youth.
- Come with an arm guard, finger tab, bow sleeve and quiver.
- Right and left-hand oriented.
Topoint Archery Endeavour ILF Takedown Recurve Bow
Most archers use this hand-crafted bow with premium materials during Olympic competitions, resulting in extreme accuracy and power. The 4 brass nock keeps your arrow straight during the game.
Its riser is made of magnesium aluminium alloy, making it lightweight. The ILF limbs are maple wood laminated with a fibreglass cover. The 4 brass nock helps to attach arrows.
The grip is an ergonomic design that helps to reduce moisture and make it comfortable to hold. The bow stringer tool helps to maintain tension. It has a finger tab, arm guard, sight, 12 arrows and quiver.
- Toppoint Endeavour ILF is a takedown bow with a finger tab, arm guard, sight, 12 arrows, and quiver.
- Lightweight risers are made up of magnesium aluminium alloy.
- Wood laminated ILF Limbs with fibreglass cover.
- Limb pockets help to protect limbs.
- The average weight is only 3.02 lbs which makes it easy to carry.
- Drawing weights 16-44 lbs can adjust easily.
- Wide range of draw length adjustment that is between 66″ and -70″.
- The grip is designed ergonomically, nice and warm.
- The brace height is 21.5-22.5 cm.
- Best for Olympics target shooting as it has 4 brass nocks.
- The bow stringer tool helps to maintain tension.
- Right-hand orientation.
Whether you are a professional archer or love bow hunting, recurve bow is your companion. With technological advancements, the latest products like takedown bows have additional features than the traditional bow, making them durable and accurate. There are many options available; no matter your budget or experience, there is a recurve bow out there that can suit your needs. Bear Archery Grizzly considers the best option to hit your mark with precision and accuracy.